The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Staging her Comeback

KERI RUSSELL is on the rise...She kinda fell off the face of the earth (only for a few years), but decidedly she's making her way back into the industry spotlight and I think she's about to hit it big once again. We saw her return to the big screen in last year's "Mission: Impossible III." Her new movie "Waitress" was the talk of Sundance this year as companies clamored for distribution rights to the film. Fox Searchlight won out, and "Waitress" opens in theatres tomorrow. Additionally, she is in production for two highly anticipated movies, "The Girl in the Park" with Sigourney Weaver and Kate Bosworth, as well as "August Rush" with Freddie Highmore, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and Robin Williams. I have to say, I'm super excited for Keri Russell's return to stardom. I think she's adorable and sweet as can be. "Felicity" was an amazing show that couldn't have worked without such a sympathetic and inspiring lead actress. Now that she's matured, I look forward to what she has in store. It is my feeling that she's going to go the route of a Kate Winslet-type career. I wouldn't be surprised to see an Oscar somewhere in her future..Welcome back, Keri!

Here is the trailer for "Waitress":

No comments:

Google