The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

LOST and Drowned

**SPOILER WARNING**
So my favey little couple from LOST Charlie (Dominic Monaghan)and Claire (Emilie de Ravin) seems to be splitting up next season on account of my favey character Charlie going and killing himself off in the big season finale. I was a bit disappointed, but I can't say that I didn't at least see it coming. The reformed drug-addict rockstar with a good heart and wit about him gave his life so that his comrades could be rescued--heart-warming tale, indeed. Of course, with LOST, things aren't always what they seem, so who knows what's in store of our survivors before their inevitable rescue and even after. I loved the twist tossed in by creators J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof. I mean, what a creative twist! I definitely didn't see it coming. Even up to the last few moments when Jack (Matthew Fox) is talking to Kate (Evangeline Lilly), I was still very confused...how could they have known each other all this time? Your brain races back to the first season...its implausible, impossible even. Then your brain starts to click...HOLY HELL! These haven't been flashbacks all this time...they've been FLASH FORWARDS. Genius, I say. Props to them for rescuing a dying series and for a fabulous cast that was able to pick up the slack and overcome. I look forward to all that is in store!

PS, Michael Emerson is one creepy mofo. You never know what his character is thinking...now that's some serious acting.

No comments:

Google