The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pilot Review: Back to You

Back to You
FOX PILOT

Kelsey Grammer, Patricia Heaton, Ty Burrell, Fred Willard, and Ayda Field

Concept: An anchorman gets fired from his fancy LA job and comes back to work at his old station from 10 years ago, where he discovers a one-night-stand with a co-anchor produced a daughter.

Review: It had its moments, but overall it sucked. Too much like a wannabe Anchorman plus 10-20 years, but without Will Ferrell and Steve Carell of course. It just seemed out-dated...my roommate came in and goes "Are you watching "Frasier" or "Everybody loves Raymond," which was funny, but shows that it doesn't have much originality.

Kelsey Grammer. Oh, how I want Kelsey to find something that works again. He really is a phenomenal actor, but maybe he should stay away from TV for awhile. No one can see him as anything but Dr. Frasier Crane.

Patricia Heaton. I never watched "Raymond," so I haven't had much exposure to her as an actress, but I liked her. I thought she had great comedic timing and a likeable demeanor.

Ty Burrell. Same actor as the "man in red" in "Lipshitz," this guy really is funny. He was certainly the one that caught my attention the most in this series.

Fred Willard. A comedy staple, this character actor is always a good addition to any type of comedy whether it be tv or film.

Ayda Field. I remember who she is and what she did, but not much about her acting...which couldn't have been too terrible or I would have remembered, but couldn't have been too good either.

No comments:

Google