The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pilot Review: CHUCK

CHUCK
NBC PILOT

Zachary Levi, Sarah Lancaster, Yvonne Strzechowski, and Joshua Gomez

Concept: A goofy 20-something computer nerd is the CIA's most valuable asset when he becomes a walking computer full of government secrets after his college roommate sends him an encripted email.

Review: The concept is just outrageous...and there are a lot of flaws in the storyline. Plus it fels like he's trying too hard to be a loser. Still, its got a lot of good points too. It's well-made overall, but I just don't know if it can work.

Zachary Levi. At first I really liked him and found him to be cute, funny, and endearing, but as the story progressed it just felt forced.

Sarah Lancaster. I always see her and think "oh, how cute!" but then I see her acting, and I'm like "oh, how annoying!" She just doesn't come off genuine or real at all to me.

Yvonne Strzechowski. She's a great find. I really liked her performance and she was the one thing kinda pulling this whole thing together I felt like.

Joshua Gomez. The goofy slacker friend, who also happens to work as a member of the "nerd herd." Okay.

No comments:

Google