The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pilot Review: Reaper

Reaper
CW PILOT

Bret Harrison, Tyler Labine, Nikki Reed, and Rick Gonzalez

Concept: A 21-year-old slacker finds out that his parents sold his soul to the devil before he was born, so now he must act as a bounty hunter for the devil to save his mother's life.

Review: It's a CW show. That says it all really. It's pretty good I guess, but the concept just seems so out there to me, I just don't think I can get behind it. Its definitely targeted at a younger audience too.

Bret Harrison. THAT is Bret Harrison? Wow, he looks so different these days...filling out I guess. He's still cute and charming. He's pretty funny too, I liked him a lot.

Tyler Labine. HAHA, this guy is great. He's funny-looking and has great comic timing and delivery. I'm kind pissed I didn't find him sooner...maybe if I had watched "Invasion"...

Nikki Reed. I was so impressed with this actress's real life achievements and the movie "Thirteen," but I have to admit, she's hasn't been my favorite as of late. I just feel like I can see her acting too much...then again, she hasn't really had a chance to prove herself yet.

Rick Gonzales. He didn't have much of a part so its hard to judge, but I liked him. He's definitely entertaining and has a great look.


**UPDATE** I knew Nikki Reed was the weakest link here. She was recently replaced by Missy Peregrym of "Heroes" and "Stick It" fame. While she has never really stuck out for me, I think she has a lot of potential if put in the right role. We'll see how she fairs as Bret's love interest as this series progresses.

No comments:

Google