The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Pilot Review: Miss/Guided

Miss/Guided
ABC PILOT

Judy Greer, Kristoffer Polaha, Brooke Burns, Jonathan Sadowski

Concept: A quirky high school guidance counselor struggles between who she is now and who she was in high school (a misfit teen) while having a crush on another teacher. To make matters worse, the homecoming queen just joined the faculty.

Review: I liked this one. I heard the buzz wasn't too strong, but I thought it was cute, quirky, and fun. Its a light-hearted comedy with not a lot of substance, but there's a sweetness to it that I found very appealing. It felt a lot like Desperate Housewives if that show was a single camera comedy instead of a multi-camera drama.

Judy Greer. I've always really liked her. She has that quirky-if-not-slightly-neurotic character down and it really works for her. Plus, she really is quite funny.

Kristoffer Polaha. Eh, he's okay. He's pretty to look at I guess, but I didn't really feel there was much substance behind him. Then again, he didn't really get much chance to prove himself in this episode either so we'll see what he can do if the series gets picked up.

Brooke Burns. This is the perfect role for her. Overgrown homecoming queen with an obvious err of superiority. It works really well and I found myself liking hating her at least.

Jonathan Sadowski. I don't really have much to say on him. I liked the line about her thinking he was gay, that was funny.

No comments:

Google