The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Casting About" A Film

I just love it when people start to take a more in depth look at my industry. Casting really is such a complex, artistic, and intriguing process and its wonderful for people to take a moment to acknowledge its beauty. In the wake of a failed theatrical project, Filmmaker Barry J. Hershey has chosen to put all his casting footage to good use. With the help of editor Marc Grossman, he's carefully crafted hours of audition footage into one documentary feature about the casting process entitled "Casting About." I am quite intrigued. So far its only been shown in New York and Sydney, Australia, but I can't wait to get my hands on it and see the casting process from a filmmaker's prospective. Plus, I'm sure it showcases quite a colorful array of actresses trying to make their way in this business.

Find out more information at www.castingaboutmovie.com

No comments:

Google