The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

BRATZ? OMG. BFFS!!

I HATE to admit it, but you just know this is gonna be HUGE. I mean, those whore dolls are one of the top-selling toys, even beating out Barbie. Now, I'm not sure how I feel about the most popular product for girls 3-11 being a doll impossibly proportioned and dressed like a common street-walker, but what do I know about marketing to kids? All I know is that based on this kind of popularity, this movie is gonna bring in some serious cashflow. Therefore, I think its important to take a moment and examine our children's future role-models because I doubt they're going away anytime soon when they're backed by such a successful franchise. It is a little disturbing watching them take these sweet innocent-looking preteen actresses and "slutifying" them for this role. Oh, Hollywood.

LOGAN BROWNING "SASHA"--This is a first movie role for Logan, who has gotten the bulk of her experience in TV shows, commercials, and music videos. She also has a bit of gymnastics and cheer training that she makes use of in this role.

JANEL PARRISH "JADE"--I've been following Janel for a few years now. She's a very sweet young actress from Hawaii. She's most noted for having quite a talent for singing, starring in a touring production of Les Miserables. She's also had a few minor tv roles as well.

NATHALIA RAMOS "YASMIN"--Nathalia brings a bit of TVQ to the movie, having had a significant arc on the critically acclaimed series "Arrested Development." I've always found her to be a lovely actress as well.

SKYLER SHAYE "CLOE"--A bit older than the other girls, I've always felt a kind of sex-kitten vibe from this young actress which I guess its perfect for this movie. She has a lot of tv experience, and even received some critical-acclaim for a small guest star spot on "Grey's Anatomy."

CHELSEA STAUB "MEREDITH"--The only one of the bunch that I've really seen in action, Chelsea is just a joy to watch. She can make anything funny with great comedic timing and creative delivery. I am happy to see her here.
Now doesn't that just make you want to gouge out your eyes? As much as it pains me to admit, the girls are quite cute and they didn't take the slutty thing too far it seems so that's good at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think that the movie is FAB!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE the clothes that logen wears!I would like to become a dancer when I grow up. could you please write back to me and tell me how you became a,singer,dancer and actress because I have no idea what to do .My e-mail address is:Kim@kimsandison.orangehome.co.uk

Google