The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Tragedy of Television

"The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason." -Hunter S. Thompson

Some pilots just don't get picked up. Others do, then are cancelled immediately or shortly after airing. Its the sick sad world of network television. And this process has many casualties. One that I've noted as of late is a beautiful and talented actress named Chyler Leigh. I think poor Chyler has just had a string of good and yet bad luck in recent years. At only 22, she's already been a part of NINE Television series...crazy. Unfortunately, looking at her IMDB resume is like a graveyard of failed TV shows. Don't let that affect your opinion of her though. I assure you, she is extremely talented and her series failures cannot be attributed to anything she herself has done. She has that unique ability to be very pretty and yet still hold onto a sweetness and sincere quality that you really push for and believe in. Its likely because of this quality that she is so frequently cast, and I'm also convinced that this quality will eventually allow her to succeed. Don't give up Chyler! Its always a pleasant surprise when I see your face on screen. I loved Reunion when no one else did. I'm pulling for you!!

This clip makes me sad because I really did like this show a lot:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading through an article that will make men
and women think. Also, thanks for permitting me to comment!


Here is my weblog coffee maker ratings

Google