The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Girls named Spencer

So I definitely got through about 17 years of my life without ever encountering a girl besides my own flesh and blood sister with the name Spencer, and even she went through her "KATY" phase before coming to terms with it. But there must be something in the water these days because its been popping up all over the place, most recently in two hot, young, and talented actresses. The first of which is SPENCER GRAMMER, the daughter of five-time Emmy Award winning actor Kelsey Grammer. It must be in the blood because this girl definitely has something that pops. She was most recently cast as a sorority girl in a picked up pilot for ABC Family, which deserves a post in itself so I'll just stop here.

Which, of course, brings us to my new favorite: SPENCER LOCKE! Much like when I met little miss Hayden Panettiere (pronounced Pana-T-Air if you were wondering)a few years back, I knew instantly upon meeting her that this girl is destined to be a star. Stunningly gorgeous at a meager 15 years old, she's still as sweet as can be and humble to boot (as she showed off her recently purchased Forever 21 top with pride). She's one of those people that can walk into a room and it just lights up a bit. Corny, I know. But true as can be. She's already had her taste of success working with top movie-makers on last year's critically acclaimed animated "Monster House". I expect her career to pick up a bit as she grows into those roles that she's being talked about for already, but dismissed solely because of her young age. She's definitely got star potential.

No comments:

Google