The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Disappointing Donnellys

So "The Black Donnellys" had a less than impressive 7.9 Million viewers at its premiere last Monday. That's kinda sad considering I thought it was a great introduction to a new show. I have to say, though, I wasn't too impressed with the follow-up episode this week. It was hard to follow and definitely difficult to relate to. We'll see where it goes from here. Hopefully the show finds it niche and is able to pull back into that weight and emotion of the pilot episode.

**UPDATE: 4/3/07**Rumors are flying of a Donnellys cancellation! They're likely going to continue to air the nine previously shot episodes, but the series is not expected to carry out to the end. I can't say that I blame them...as much as I've been meaning to, I cannot bring myself to watch the current episodes that lie dormant on my Tivo. It must not really have what it takes afterall...

No comments:

Google