The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Monday, February 12, 2007

Spotlight on...

DJIMON HOUNSOU
This actor has a way of overwhelming his audience with a sense of warmth and kindness through one simple look in his eyes. It was his kind-hearted character Juba that really stuck out most in my mind from the movie "Gladiator." Now, he's doing it again as the determined Soloman Vandy in "Blood Diamond." He really knows how to captivate his audience and not get over-shadowed by some serious Oscar-contending actors like Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio.

IVANA BAQUERO
Wow, this young actress is only 12 years old, but her performance in "Pan's Labyrinth" gave me goosebumps. Its usually hard for someone so young to really grasp the emotion and depth of a character in such a complex movie, but Ivana does it seemingly effortlessly. I LOVED this movie, I LOVE this girl, and I'm sure I WILL LOVE what she brings to us next.

No comments:

Google