The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Monday, February 26, 2007

Rising from the Ashes...

NBC was already last in the network race (with the 2005-2006 season having the network's lowest ratings in over 30 years)...and they had nothing to lose. Best thing that could have happened to them...best thing that could have happened to us. Because of the desperation this predicament created, I think they were willing to take risks with greater and edgier programs like HEROES...and now....THE BLACK DONNELLYS!!! I had a feeling this show was going to be good, but MAN OH MAN IS IT FREAKING GREAT. I know, I know, I've only seen one episode. But let me tell you, I've never gotten this worked up over a show after seeing its premiere for the first time. Not even LOST, not even HEROES. Its so dark. Its so brooding, and yet its heart-wrenching all the same. I won't tell you what happens, but I can say that I was caught speechless and open-mouthed for a solid five minutes at the end, and not in that usual "I have to tune in next week just so I understand what's going on" kind of way. You know what's going on, its the content and the risks that the show takes right off the bat that are shocking. Something tells me this show is gonna be a little bit controversial since its on network TV and all. All I'm saying is if you like gangster movies and shows like the Sopranos, you're probably gonna like this. I mean, its PAUL HAGGIS...you know, the guy who's gotten Oscar nominations for the past three years straight (the first and only man ever to have written two consecutive Oscar winning films--"CRASH" and "MILLION DOLLAR BABY")!?! Um, its pretty hard to argue with that. Regardless, check it out. Get those ratings up so it doesn't have an early end. Like I said, I hate getting attached to shows this early in the game, so don't let me down!! WATCH THIS SHOW...YOU'RE SURE TO LOVE IT.

No comments:

Google