The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I Got a Crush...on OBAMA!"

I just love it when Politics and Entertainment merge together. At the very least it shows that people our age are acknowledging that there's more out there than just the latest Britney gossip. Lately, there have been a whole slew of Political Candidate themed YouTube parodies. It all started with "The Obama Girl," who launched this love letter to Barack in early June.
Now, personally, I TOO have a crush on Barack Obama. Ever since reading his book "The Audacity of Hope," I've been a thorough supporter. He's such an amazing and fascinating man, really this book is a must read for anyone who is concerned about the future of our country (and that should be ALL Y'ALL, so READ IT).

Now, back to the YouTube parodies...there have been Guiliani Girls and McCain Mamas, but so far my favorite parody is the ode to Hilary Clinton entitled "Hott 4 Hill," featuring one of my favorite up-and-coming young actresses Taryn Southern. Taryn is a lovely actress and I love how she wrote and executive produced this little clip as well. You go girl :)
Ha, I see that this clip was co-produced by an actress named Meg Cionni who was in my office this very morning...such a small world.

The best thing about these clips is the intense political debates that ensue underneath the videos in the YouTube comment section. Who knew YouTube would turn into such a heated political marketplace? LOVE IT!

No comments:

Google