The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Love Lucy!

I Love Lucy, Lucy Hale that is.
Actress Lucy Hale has been added to the series regular cast of NBC's upcoming "Bionic Woman" remake. I am simultaneously deeply saddened and yet optimistic by this development. Hale will be replacing Mae Whitman as the title character played by Michelle Ryan's deaf teenage sister Becca. I think Whitman is just phenomenal and am sad to see her leave the cast. However, I am happy to see Lucy have the opportunity to step into the role, as this is her first big series role. Previously she has done some guest spots on "How I Met Your Mother" and "The OC," among other things. Lucy is as sweet and vibrant an actress as can be, and I just knew she was someone to keep an eye on. I don't really see her as the misbent goth youth, but obviously the casting director saw something in her (its just as possible they've changed the role entirely). I was impressed with her energy most of all so hopefully she will be able to bring it to the screen and really make a name for herself in the network tv world! Congrats!

No comments:

Google