The Casting Couch

The Casting Couch

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

In or Out?

Here a blog, there a blog, everywhere a blog blog...

So I've wanted to get this started for awhile now, but I've been hesitant mainly because of content and legal concerns. However, I've decided its probably time to take that leap and see where this cyber wind takes me. It might fall flat on its face, but at the very least it will help me keep my thoughts organized and my career goals in focus.

So what is this blog about? well, I don't want to buckle down on that subject just yet because there's nothing written yet. But I can lend you some insights into what I HOPE it will be.

Its Main Focus: CASTING

What do I mean by this? Well, this isn't going to be your typical Gossip/Entertainment blog that follows millionaire celebrities and their turbulant and lavish lifestyles. On the opposite end of the spectrum, its not going to be an acting job posting either. Rather, its true focus will be on the art and process of Casting and what goes into finding a star.

Below is a listing of what I expect will dominate the content of this site.

1.) Running Commentary on Actors I Like. My main focus here is to keep track of all the fabulous talent that I've been fortunate enough to come into contact with during my career. This will chronicle my notes on those actors who I think may be on the rise to stardom, or at the very least, headed for a prolific acting career.

2.) Fun Facts. I am an IMDB and wikipedia junkie. Anyone that peaks my interest while I'm watching movies, tv, and commercials is fair game for my wandering mind. If I come across anything interesting there, I'll make sure to share with you all.

3.) Rants and Raves. I have been known to be quite an opinionated person, so if any industry-related topic peaks my interest, expect to hear about it on here.

Well, I hope that is enough to give you a proper introduction to my blog and to keep you coming back to see what is in store. Feel free to send in any comments and suggestions!!

-Kat on the Couch

No comments:

Google